What we offer our members
Find out what you get with your membership, and what we're doing for you behind the scenes!
Spotlight works incredibly hard to promote as many professional acting opportunities for our members as possible. This covers everything from our ongoing technological developments to key partnerships we create, not just in the UK but also worldwide, to support the casting process and get our members seen.
However, we know that, due to the nature of the industry, many of our members will have periods where they may not find regular acting opportunities and Spotlight has always sought to take a holistic approach to our services for members, seeking to offer not just a profile for casting opportunities but also support in other areas.
Here's everything you need to know!
- We're running an ever increasing number of events for our members throughout the year, including workshops, 1-2-1s with industry professionals, and Q&A panels - all included in the cost of your annual membership. These range from accent and screenwriting workshops, to Q&As with casting directors, to discussions about industry issues such as diversity. You can sign up for all our future sessions by clicking the ‘Upcoming events’ button on your account homepage, and we share videos of our previous events regularly in our newsletters.
- We have BSL interpreters available for all our events, and ensure as many of our events as possible are at accessible venues. Subtitles are always available on our webinars and workshops.
- We work with our performer members but also with our agent and casting members for whom we compile and promote helpful resources and provide regular tailored events at our Industry Forums. Recent events for our agent and casting members include Casting a Wider Net, Anti-racist training, the ethics of self-taping and sessions on contracts and agreements.
Supporting your Health & Wellbeing
Our members are at the heart of everything we do. We have a dedicated Health & Wellbeing Manager at Spotlight and we run regular Powerful Pause and Actors' Circle sessions to help our members navigate their way in the industry. Take a look at all the resources we offer here.
From your account homepage you can access an array of Spotlight discounts. There are options ranging from lifestyle, motoring and shopping to travel, insurance and special offers. Through Spotlight Discounts you can access the ever popular TOTUM Pro discount card, giving you student discounts on retail, dining out, keeping fit and much more. You can also see offers available through Contacts. Many individuals and services on Contacts offer member-specific discounts. All of these discounts can easily add up to the cost of your yearly membership.
Use our Contacts platform to find details for casting directors, agents, photographers, non-acting jobs, showreel companies and much more.
Easy ways to pay / discounts for disabled members
When renewing your membership there are many options to choose from, including monthly direct debit. See here for more information.
Membership discounts are available to disabled performers. Please note these are not applied retrospectively. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Support & Career advice
We also provide Spotlight Career advice. This involves free of charge career advice sessions with an industry professional to help get the best out of your Spotlight experience. Whether you are a performer, graduate or young performer member we have someone who can advise you on a one-to-one basis.
New to Spotlight? We hold sessions for new members in a relaxed atmosphere providing guidance on managing your profile and your account, or for more technical advice about how to use our platform, contact us at [email protected] where we can help set up a ‘how to session’.
We also offer affordable bespoke showreel editing services. Our team knows exactly what’s needed for a Spotlight profile and so can help you if you don’t feel confident in editing your acting showreel yourself.
Digital Self-Tape casting service
For casting directors who don’t want to hold face to face meetings we’re happy to help by providing remote self-tape casting.
Your Profile / profile checking & advice
Remember your profile can host up to 15 photographs and a media library of 20 minutes each of video and audio.
Our dedicated publishing team checks every edit and photo profile update so we make sure you are always presented in the best possible light. Find out more about how you can make your profile the best it can be.
News & advice / newsletters / our partners
Our news and advice pages host invaluable tips and advice on starting out, auditions, mental health, casting directors and much more, including videos with industry and Spotlight experts. There are also helpful articles about finance and legal matters.
We are also proud to work alongside a whole host of industry partners. It's important to us at Spotlight to recognise the work that these fantastic organisations do for our members. Initiatives with PIPA, who campaign for support for parents in the arts, and our joint work with the National Theatre on ProFile to provide a video database of Deaf and disabled actors are just some of the highlights.
Industry support & education
We're passionate about supporting inclusivity, diversity and mental health within our industry and we support a number of charities and initiatives in this sector. We support a variety of campaigns and initiatives working to improve the industry we work in.
And what we're doing behind the scenes...
- We regularly attend industry festivals (including Berlinale, Passaporte and ICDN Sarajevo) where we raise awareness of our members by showcasing the Spotlight platform to international industry professionals
- We're manually monitoring all breakdowns our members receive
- We've partnered with Stagepool, giving our members visibility in Scandinavia, and we are working on other areas where we can repeat this partnership
- We work continuously to make improvements to the Spotlight platform - check our What's new on Spotlight? page.