Terms & Conditions
This Site and related Services are provided by Spotlight whose trading address and registered office is 7 Leicester Place, London, WC2H 7RJ. VAT number 239068741. Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 07172054
For details of how to contact us click here.
Use of Spotlight
"Content" means the information and other material or applications available within the Site(s).
"Services" means various Spotlight Member, Agents, Casting, Shop and Rooms/Studio services that may be made available by Spotlight from time to time.
"Site" means the sites located at spotlight.com and spotlight.com/contacts.
"You" means the user of the Site(s) or the Content.
"we/us" means Spotlight.
Spotlight makes certain Services available through the Site. These may be subject to certain eligibility criteria. You will be required to agree further contractual terms before receiving such Services. In the event of any conflict, the Service terms will take precedence.
- For Spotlight Member Service Terms see here.
- For Agent Service Terms see here.
- For Spotlight Casting Subscriber Service Terms see here.
- For Spotlight Casting Invited User Service Terms see here.
- For Sales and Payment Service Terms see here.
- For Rooms & Studio Bookings Service Terms see here.
- For Contacts Service Terms see here.
Please note: Spotlight is not an employment agency. Spotlight never takes commission on work opportunities found by its Members. For more information see the above links.
Privacy and personal data
You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Sites and Content belongs to and shall remain vested in us, our licensors or contributors.
Rights granted/rights reserved
The Site, Content (and associated ideas and information) and Services, and associated rights and permissions, are provided strictly in accordance with these and the Services terms and conditions only.
Use of the Site
In addition to and not withstanding any restrictions noted above, you agree:
- Not to use the Content or Services for any unlawful purpose;
- Not to make any use of or interfere with the Site or Services such that the whole or part of the Site is interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient, or the effectiveness or functionality of the Site is in any way impaired;
- Not to use the Site or Services for the transmission or posting of any viruses or any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Not to use a link to or content from a Spotlight Member (performer's) online profile on any publicly accessible website or otherwise without their express permission. You also agree to remove any link to or content from a Spotlight Member (performer's) online profile on request;
- Not to use a link to or content or information from casting details accessed via Spotlight on any publicly accessible website or otherwise without express permission of the Spotlight Casting Subscriber or their employer.
- You also agree to remove any link to or content or information from casting details on request;
- Not to (nor to facilitate any third party to) copy, transmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or create derivative works of the Site or Content (and associated ideas and information), or the Spotlight name or Logo, without prior written permission from Spotlight;
- Not to use the Spotlight logo, name, brand or materials to imply or attempt to imply any endorsement or other association of any product or company for any purpose.
We reserve the right to take appropriate action to prevent any contravention of the above and or any other contravention of Spotlight's terms.
Scraping or Extraction - Prohibition
In addition to and not withstanding any restrictions noted above, the extraction, copying or reuse of any content, information or data from the Site by any automated system, software, manual process or otherwise, for use in other sites, applications or systems is strictly prohibited. You shall not engage in such acts or activity, nor authorise or facilitate others in relation to the same without our express written permission which will be subject to further written terms.
The Site and the Content (which includes Content that is supplied to us by third parties either directly or indirectly) is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we make no warranties or representations, whether express or implied, in relation to the Site or the Content, including but not limited to, implied warranties or conditions or completeness, accuracy, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose.
Liability / Disclaimer
You agree that Spotlight shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from or in any way connected with the Site or your use of or reliance upon the Content or any information you obtain by means of the Site, or any bookings or purchases you make from third parties through your use of the Site, including, without limitation, damage for loss of profits, loss of business, or any other consequential or pecuniary loss (even where we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage).
You agree and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for evaluating any goods or services offered by us or by third parties via the Site. You acknowledge any bookings or purchase of goods or services made with a third party via the Site (including in relation to Spotlight Discounts offers) shall be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the third party supplying the service and/or goods concerned and that we will not be a party to or in any way responsible for or liable to you in respect of any transactions between you and third parties.
Availability of the Site
You acknowledge that faults may lead to temporary unavailability of the Site and related Services; and that the operation of the Site and related Services may be adversely affected by conditions and performances outside our control, including, without limitation, transmission and telecommunications links between us and you and between us and other systems and networks. Accordingly, the Site and Services are provided "as is" and we do not accept any liability arising from any non-availability or interruption in availability.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites on our website or during other communications (for instance, booking services or software providers). You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites, nor for any issues encountered through your use of such services.
Forwarding enquiries to Spotlight Members
Spotlight offers an enquiries (forwarding) service for its Spotlight Members which is for professional casting / agent messages only. No other messages or information will be forwarded to Spotlight Members. Spotlight reserves the right not to forward any material it deems inappropriate or offensive.
Please see https://www.spotlight.com/the-small-print/competition-general-terms-and-conditions/ for terms and conditions relating to Spotlight competitions.
Changes to these terms and conditions
These Terms were last updated on 27 June 2019.
If you breach these terms and conditions, we may suffer loss. You agree to indemnify us against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any non-compliance by you with these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions (as amended from time to time) together with any document expressly referred to in them comprise the entire agreement between you and us.
Each provision of these terms and conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Spotlight is committed to using clear and understandable terminology in all of our documents and correspondence, however if anything within this document is unclear then please contact us.