Finalists Announced for the Spotlight Prize 2022!
The Spotlight Prize is our annual event where graduate nominees have a chance for their performance to be showcased in front of industry professionals, with a £2000 prize awarded to each of the two winners (Best Stage and Best Screen Performance). Previous nominees have included Bessie Carter (Bridgerton), Edward Bluemel (Killing Eve), Rosalind Eleazar (The Personal History of David Copperfield) and Yasmin Mwanza (Spider-Man: Far From Home).
Over 70 drama schools and universities were invited to nominate a student from their graduating class to submit a self-tape audition for this year's Spotlight Prize. The 20 finalists were selected by a panel of industry experts based on the quality of their audition.
For the past two years, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we were unable to award a Best Stage performance award, so we’re thrilled to return to our in-person showcase which will take place in July this year.
We’re delighted that Paulette Randall MBE will again be directing the finalists as they film their monologues for the Best Screen award whilst Atri Banerjee will be directing the stage performances. We’ll be announcing our esteemed judging panel for each award in the coming months.
The 2022 Spotlight Prize finalists are:
- Aaron Hodgetts (Guildford School of Acting, GSA)
- Alice Mann (Performance Preparation Academy, PPA)
- Angela Jones (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, LAMDA)
- Bill Caple (Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, BOVTS)
- Blair Malone (Bow Street Academy)
- Blaize Alexis-Anglin (Arts Educational Schools, Arts Ed)
- Connor Charlesworth (ALRA South)
- Ellie Gallimore (East 15 Acting School)
- Eoin Sweeney (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, RCS)
- Gabriella Manning (Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, RCSSD)
- Imogen Ogden (ALRA North)
- John Rogers (Italia Conti)
- Jonny Tulloch (Royal Birmingham Conservatoire)
- Kerill Kelly (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, RADA)
- Kieran Smith (Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama)
- Lewis Shepherd (Rose Bruford College)
- Nina Mahdavi (St Mary’s University Twickenham)
- Os Leanse (Guildhall School of Music and Drama)
- Victoria Wyant (Oxford School of Drama)
Huge congratulations to the nominees, we’re excited to see your performances!
Find out more about previous Spotlight Prize winners and finalists.
Image: Joanna Nicole Photography